Re: session manager

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> is someone upstream listening ? i have 3000 potential users with gnome, most
> are happy.  but session management is too often not working correctly, so
> i'm about to shutdown the session management and creat a global Xsession
> with manual startups. fixed session management would help a lot here.

Yes, I'm listening. As I said, we are incorporating the Red Hat patches.
We do know that gnome-session + window managers + panel + gmc involves a
lot of "issues" and we're working on resolving it. Doing it right will
take some time, but the Red Hat patches are a decent short-term fix.

The real fix is very nice, we're cooperating with KDE and most window
manager authors and it will "just work" with all the apps and WMs.

Also, always remember that if you have a reproducible bug we have a bug
tracker just like the Debian one (http://bugs.gnome.org) - hopefully the
Debian maintainers of Gtk and Gnome packages are forwarding bugs there.

Havoc