Re: Bug on Slink.

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 09:41:56AM +0100, Steve Haslam wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 12:08:25AM -0400, Dan Nguyen wrote:
> > This question may have been asked before, but the Lists-Archives don't
> > list debian-gtk-gnome.  What should be done if a bug report was filed
> > against the package in Slink?  The problem is fixed in the Staging
> > Aarea.   What would be the best course of action?
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm confused by this...
>
> Last time I looked, we did actually have a debian-gtk-gnome mailing list
> archive, it just only extended to the beginning of May or so.

I was looking through the web site and couldn't find it.

> If a bug report is filed against a slink version of a Gnome package, it goes
> to the maintainer with a version number containing ".slink", so it's easily
> recognisable.

The bug report was filed against the version that was released with
slink, rather than the one in the staging area.  The bug doesn't exist
in the version in the staging areas.

> If a problem is fixed in a package that is uploaded to the slink area, the
> fix should be propagated into potato as well- due to certain glibc2.0/2.1
> and glib issues, this possibly requires a recompile, so someone with a
> potato systems need to volunteer for it. (I'm happy to, although I've not
> got CPU power coming out of my ears really...)

Right.  I'm running Potato as well.  I would request someone running
slink to fix recompile it.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7@msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.