building gnome applets

I'm running potato, with the latest-greatest available at my mirror
(version 1.0.10-2 of libgnome-dev).  I believe I have everything
gnome-related, including the development stuff installed.  But everytime
I try to ./configure or build a applet from sources I get an error about
'applet-widget.h' not installed.  Or when running 'gnome-config applets
--cflags' I get an error about "Unknown library `applets'".  What debian
package contains this file?  From my newbie look at things, it seems the
whole 'gnome applet libraries' have not been included in any package
yet.

---- Cris J H

--
Cris J. Holdorph