Re: Plea for maintainers

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 02:49:42AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "SH" == Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org> writes:
>
> SH> no-one had noticed this or marked it as such in the bug. And
> SH> today, I had to field *another* report of gnome-control-center
> SH> specifying the wrong filename for eeyes in the MIME actions....
>
> I have reported this as #38536 some days ago, and attached a
> patch. It is fixed in the slink update.

Then imho the fix should be propagated into potato.

> SH> It's possible that people have made uploads to the gnome.org
> SH> package area, but not potato.
>
> That is? I am not aware of such thing, though this is from memory and
> not checked.

See above- an eeyes bugfix exists only in the slink update, and arguably
therefore not really closed out at all. enlightenment?

> SH> Further, some packages such as "gnome-user-guide-en" aren't in
> SH> potato at all, atm.
>
> I installed the package in the staging area and uploaded to Incoming
> on the same day. The package has been installed into the distribution
> some days ago.

OK, sorry, I was a little out of date there.

> SH> I'm enclosing Jim's message, since the mailing list archive
> SH> doesn't extend this far back.
>
> We do finaly have one? I was not aware of this. That's cool.

Indeed, although it only goes back to May sometime.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
orbit, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs,