Re: i18n

On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 11:01:25PM +0200, Christian Leutloff wrote:
> hmm, but LANG=german is IMHO wrong. Here are my values:

It's in locale.alias for de_DE.ISO-8859-1

> But as I read my first description again, I get it a bit misleading. I
> doesn't mean that no string at all appears but rather that some menu
> entries are empty. The menu items are available and functional, but
> without a label it is very difficult to estimate the meaning.
>
> Why is label blank and not in english!?

The simple answer is that that shouldn't happen, it's not the intended
behaviour, it must be a bug. Since I can't reproduce the bug (I've
tried setting LC_ALL and LANG to de_DE each) it's rather hard for me
to diagnose what's going on directly, as I'm sure you can
appreciate...

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone else got any ideas?
'Cos I'm stumped, I'm afraid...

Do other programs using gettext for i18n work OK?

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs.    what, me worry?