Re: libgnomeui problem

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 10:43:32PM -0700, Clint Olson wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I'm running Debian 2.1 and I've tried to install the gnome
> packages from slink.  I'm unable to start gnome.
>
> I see the following in .xsession-errors
>
> :20: invalid preprocessing directive name
> gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.32: undefined symbol:
> gdk_imlib_get_cache_info
>
> Any ideas?  A bug# to read?  A mailing list thread?

debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org is a suggested place to report
problems with Gnome packages in general.

In particular, if you're running slink, use the packages from the
Gnome/slink staging area, accessed using the apt line:

deb http://www.debian.org/~jim/debian-gtk-gnome/gnome-stage-slink slink main

(IIRC). There should be an announcement about all this on gnome.org at
some point, and possibly on debian.org too... I'm not directly
involved with the slink add-on, but the debian-gtk-gnome list is the
place to find the people who are...

HTH

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs.    what, me worry?