Re: Problems with Gnome/slink

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 10:12:41AM +0200, Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> 1.  application in Debian-Menu which require textmode will not work.
> Solution: /etc/menu-methods/gnome should be:
>
> supported
>   x11=  default("Terminal=false\n",$command)
>   text= default("Terminal=true\n",$command)
> endsupported

OK, I get this patch last night from someone else too :} It'll be in the
next gnome-core upload. Soonish.

> 2. gnome-control-center: windowmanager-selection
>
> the command for windowmaker is WindowMaker-gnome NOT wmaker!
> I was not able to edit these predefined entries, so i tried to edit the
> referring file /usr/share/gnome/wm-properties/WindowMaker.desktop
> but now the windowmanager-entry just disappeared from control-center :-(

erk. Well, I've had nothing but trouble with the window manager selection
thing. I'll have a look at editing that file too... Once I got wmaker-gnome
and Gnome to work together, I got a bit trepidatious about changing
things...

SRH
--
Steve Haslam, Validation Engineer, ARM Ltd, Cambridge UK     +44-1223-400677
steve.haslam@arm.com       steve@arise.demon.co.uk        araqnid@debian.org