Re: RFS: filippo.io-edwards25519

On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 06:37:53PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 12:47:14PM +0000, Martin Dosch wrote:
> >> Dear Simon,

> >> thank you for reviewing. I pushed upstream/1.1.0 now. Maybe it was one of
> >> the issues pushing to salsa I often experience recently. I also pushed the
> >> tarball to pristine-tar and hope I did it right as I usually don't work with
> >> pristine-tar but gbp.
> >
> > Using pristine-tar is against go team packaging workflow. Please don't.
> >
> > 	https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-pristine-tar
>
> While I agree it may be good to migrate away from pristine-tar, is
> removing the branch really necessary?  Isn't it possible to just avoid
> using it?

Why do you want to have technical debt and make things un-necessary
complicated and confusing for the next person working on the package?

> So that old tags still build...

One could get the tarballs from PTS or run gbp export-orig.
In any case, this package was last uploaded 2 years ago that too via a NMU. The
probability that anyone will want to "build" a previous tag on a low popcon
package with just 2 reverse depends is... low. I will not argue further about it
and refuse to participate in further bike-shedding.

Best,