Re: Help to confirm the workflow for updating golang-github-zyedidia-pty

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 6:40 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 6:34 PM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > From man manual[1], the  `--upstream-vcs-tag` option should enable
> > upstream branch contains all upstream git history.
>
> Yes. You need add a new remote which points to upstream repository,
> and fetch tags from it.
>
> Well, dh-make-golang does that for you when you do the initial
> packaging. But there's no much doc about consuming from an existing
> repo on salsa :/

Ok, many thanks for clarifying here. Today I learned many from here.
Although the wiki[0] is obscure. But it should work.
Or others git skill need me to explore.

Thanks again!
[0]: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-upstream-branch