Re: Help to confirm the workflow for updating golang-github-zyedidia-pty

hi,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 3:24 PM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > 4. git checkout upstream
> > 5. git merge v1.1.20
> > 6. git merge --continue
> > 7. git tag -a upstream/1.1.20
> > 8. git checkout debian/sid
> > 9. git merge upstream/1.1.20
> >

> No. We use gbp. You can just use `gbp import-orig --uscan
> --upstream-vcs-tag=v1.1.20`

How to understand this?
"“upstream” branch should contain upstream git history"

But from my observation, both ways(upstream branch contains upstrream
git history
and it does not contain upstream git history) was accepted for go team.

BR,
Bo

[0]: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-upstream-branch