Re: Help to confirm the workflow for updating golang-github-zyedidia-pty

hi,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 3:24 PM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > 4. git checkout upstream
> > 5. git merge v1.1.20
> > 6. git merge --continue
> > 7. git tag -a upstream/1.1.20
> > 8. git checkout debian/sid
> > 9. git merge upstream/1.1.20
> >

> No. We use gbp. You can just use `gbp import-orig --uscan
> --upstream-vcs-tag=v1.1.20`

Thanks.  I personally tend to use gbp too;)
I will try this again.

> > 10 git log
> > 11 dch -v ... (and Update debian/)
> > ```
>
> We just use `gbp dch`.
>
> Besides, a question for uploaders of golang-github-zyedidia-pty, do we
> really need this fork? Can you convince upstream to forward their
> patch to https://github.com/creack/pty?

Yeah, This is one problem I noticed here also. The downstream of
golang-github-zyedidia-pty mainly is micro[0]. So need to convince
micro import creack/pty after forward zyedidia/pty patch to creack/pty.
I suspect the uploader of micro on Debian who introduced
golang-github-zyedidia-pty
also. I think this is a long term to convince. I will try here.

Thanks.
[0]: https://github.com/zyedidia/micro/blob/master/go.mod#L17