Re: AdGuardHome packaging (Js and Go)

Hi Vit,

I'm member of both the teams, stating my opinion -

On 3/1/23 15:12, Vít Kabele wrote:
I recently started packaging the AdGuardHome DNS server [1]. I published the
ITP to the go-team, as the backend is written in Go, yet now I realised that
the frontend is written in javascript and the packages are installed via npm.

Which packages are you specifically talking about?

1/ To which team should the package belong?

It is upto you. I may suggest going with the golang team as on skimming through it,
it mainly looks like having a server-side usage, most of which is implemented in golang.

Are there some similar projects?
    Where to get inspired with the solution?

Not that I know of, sorry.

2/ Question to the JS team. The frontend comprises of circa 200 npm modules,
    out of which only about 50 is already present in Debian repository. Is
    it really necessary (I read the manual, yet I want to make sure) to package
    all of these separately? [...]

The more, the merrier. However, JS team has provision for embedding smaller JS modules, so
you can go ahead with embedding the smaller ones, here's how to do it[2].
Decent-sized node-mdoules, however would need to be separately packaged.
[1]: https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/GroupSourcesTutorial

--
Best,