Re: RFC: Fixing golang-github-tidwall-gjson's RC bugginess for bookworm

Cyril Brulebois <cyril@debamax.com> (2023-03-05):
> I think (but I'm not sure) uploading to experimental would trigger
> autopkgtest in reverse dependencies, which should tell us more about
> possible fallouts from this update (as ratt running locally only tests
> builds on amd64). If that's indeed the case, this would mean being a
> little more reassured regarding proposing this update for unstable, then
> have it considered for testing?

That's indeed what's happening, that can be seen on the following page,
refreshed every 4 hours:
  https://release.debian.org/britney/pseudo-excuses-experimental.html#golang-github-tidwall-gjson

    Issues preventing migration:

        autopkgtest for golang-github-appleboy-gin-jwt: amd64: Test in progress, arm64: Test in progress, armel: Test in progress, armhf: Test in progress, i386: Test in progress, ppc64el: Test in progress, s390x: Test in progress
        autopkgtest for golang-github-tidwall-buntdb: amd64: Test in progress, arm64: Test in progress, armel: Test in progress, armhf: Test in progress, i386: Test in progress, ppc64el: Test in progress, s390x: Test in progress
        autopkgtest for golang-github-tidwall-gjson: amd64: Test in progress, arm64: Test in progress, armel: Test in progress, armhf: Test in progress, i386: Test in progress, ppc64el: Test in progress, s390x: Test in progress
        autopkgtest for golang-github-tidwall-grect: amd64: Test in progress, arm64: Test in progress, armel: Test in progress, armhf: Test in progress, i386: Test in progress, ppc64el: Test in progress, s390x: Test in progress

and things are looking good so far.

> In any case, I think filing an unblock request before any upload to
> unstable would make sense, asking for pre-approval for whatever we end
> up considering as the target for bookworm.
>
> TL;DR, current plan:
>  1. upload 1.14.4-1 to experimental;
>  2. watch for fallouts;

Looking good so far, and thanks to Thorsten for the green light.

>  3. decide what to consider for unstable and put the release team in the
>     loop.

I missed:

 4. planning binNMUs so that packages are rebuilt without the security
    bugs. That probably means making sure those rebuilds wouldn't
    interfere with whatever's happening for those packages re. testing
    migration.

I'll work on that before filing the pre-approval unblock request.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois -- Debian Consultant @ DEBAMAX -- https://debamax.com/