Re: [RFS] -- golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma

On Wed, Feb 08, 2023 at 11:10:34PM +0530, Vinay wrote:
> Requesting Sponsorship for the new package
> golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma [1]

Is there a particular reason to package this?
This is is not an original package, it is a fork of rubex[2] and I also
see another fork here[3], all of these (including go-enry one) look
un-maintained, last (reasonable) commits from 3-4 years in the past.

Is this is a dependency of any other package you are working on?

I'm asking this as it become tricky in the future if another fork is
needed for something else and then we get into a bit of a mess.

> [1]
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-go-enry-go-oniguruma
[2]: https://github.com/moovweb/rubex
[3]: https://github.com/src-d/go-oniguruma

PS - sorry about the delay in responding to this RFS, I guess many
people (including me) have been awefully busy with getting packages in
testing before soft-freeze.

--
Best,