Re: Plans for golang-goprotobuf to unstable?

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 07:33:58AM +0000, Peymaneh wrote:
> An alternative that I consider is vendoring grpc/genproto apiv2 within golang-github-google-cel-spec-dev so that hopefully caddy can migrate to bookworm eventually... But that would not help other Go packages with the facing problem

The problem is if you vendor genproto in a library (-dev package), the Go
complier doesn't consume it when build the program.

For example, when you build caddy, if the GOPATH has:

+ src/github.com/google/cel-go
  + src/github.com/google/cel-go/vendor/google.golang.org/genproto
+ src/caddyserver/caddy

The Go complier doesn't look at src/github.com/google/cel-go/vendor at all.
So you need

+ src/caddyserver/caddy/vendor/google.golang.org/genproto as well.

It's bit of unfortunate, but it may work.

And it looks like you only need to vendor
google.golang.org/genproto/googleapis/api/expr/v1alpha1
Which only consists of 5 files.
https://github.com/googleapis/go-genproto/tree/main/googleapis/api/expr/v1alpha1