Re: Gitlab CI is failing

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 08:05:53PM +0200, Martin Dosch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> for a package the Gitlab CI is failing [1] but I have no idea what is going
> wrong. I just updated the changelog (`dch -r`) und pushed the tag as I want
> to upload the package. Otherwise I didn't (knowingly) changed anything
> compared to three weeks ago when the CI ran successfully.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong there? I am reluctant to upload
> the package as long as I am not sure what is going on although it builds
> fine here and ratt ran successfully.

There is a similar bug filed against singularity-container, #1020208.
singularity-container uses umoci as B-D and does not vendor it, and this
seems a bit odd as it does not have much to do with umoci at all.

As far as I can see, a new version of golang-github-rootless-containers-proto
was uploaded recently which broke older versions of umoci. However umoci
is currently in proper state in unstable as far as build/pkg tests are
concerned.
However, probably it is probably choking when trying to use the corresponding code.
I triggered another CI with a B-D of umoci (helps me confirm if reverse-depends breaks),
and it fails[2] for archive rebuild with the exact same error.

But as far as your package is concerned, it has got no role to play
here so uploading that should be ok IMO.

However a reasoning would be nice since it helps me fix singularity.

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-opencontainers-specs/-/jobs/3290049

--
Best,