Re: On license check in the light of the godiff issue.

Hey Abraham,

On 29.08.2022 01:05, Abraham Raji wrote:
What can we possibly do to make the situation better?

I am pretty new to debian packaging and I am by no means an expert in licensing issues, but from my understanding it should not happen that a package with a dependency on package that has no license or inappropriate license get's packaged as Debian requires each dependency to be packaged for Debian.

But maybe we should also mention all licenses of dependencies in the Debian packages of golang programs as otherwise the licenses of build-time dependencies (which are used to generate the binary) are not shown to the user. Ideally this could be automated. But as I said before I am no expert on this topic, so I'm curious what others have to say on this topic.

Best regards,
Martin