Consul pending upload

Hi Reinhard, et al.

I saw that consul is going to be removed from testing in just 7 days, along with a bunch of packages that depend on it.

I was about to prepare a new release for 1.8 to solve some of the issues, but then I saw that you have already backported the fixes I was hoping to include.

Is there any reason you have not uploaded yet? Can I help somehow?

PS: I have cloned bug #1015218 into #1017982, to separate the CVS issues. So the former can be closed with your patch, while the latter will probably require an upgrade to 1.9.

--
Martina Ferrari (Tina)