Re: Hardening flags

Dear Nilesh,

On 13.07.2022 23:26, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 04:21:49PM +0000, Martin Dosch wrote:
do you think adding the hardening flags mentioned in [1] to programs makes sense?

It does, but it is mostly your choice here. Be sure to not append buildmode=pie for mips*
archs though.

Thank you very much for the info. So it would be best to set `override_dh_auto_build` to use the hardening flags and an `override_dh_auto_build-$arch` for each mips architecture without hardening flags? I was reading in the debhelper documentation but I am not sure this is the right way.

You might want to give these a read[3,4]

Thank you, especially 4 was really interesting.

Best regards,
Martin