Re: Hardening flags

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 04:21:49PM +0000, Martin Dosch wrote:
> do you think adding the hardening flags mentioned in [1] to programs makes sense?

It does, but it is mostly your choice here. Be sure to not append buildmode=pie for mips*
archs though.

> Lintian is warning about the missing hardening [2] but I am a bit hesitant to enable those flags as it is not in the rules created by dh-make-golang and I have no idea what the advantages and disadvantages are.

You might want to give these a read[3,4]

[3]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/golang-buildmode-pie#Summary
[4]: https://dubo-dubon-duponey.medium.com/a-beginners-guide-to-cross-compiling-static-cgo-pie-binaries-golang-1-16-792eea92d5aa

--
Best,