Re: Updating golang-golang-x-sys in unstable

On Mon, 2022-04-25 at 00:10 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 06:27:24PM +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> > then rebuilt each of the failed packages in a
> > clean sbuild environment without the updated version of golang-
> > golang-
> > x-sys and found that 22 of those 25 still failed to build, due to
> > various issues unrelated to updating golang-golang-x-sys (a brief
> > listing of those failing packages is at the end of this message).
>
> If they are already FTBFS regardless of any changes in x-sys, then
> you probably
> should consider filing bug reports for these packages.

  I did notice some already had RC bugs about their FTBFS status; I'll
go through and file bugs for any packages that don't have the problem
reported yet.

> >   Since it looks like updating golang-golang-x-sys will not
> > introduce
> > any new FTBFS errors in packages in main, could someone upload an
> > updated version?
> > I'm currently only a DM, and while I could prepare the
> > update, I would then have to request sponsorship. Updating the
> > package
> > itself is pretty easy, so it might just be simpler for a DD on the
> > team
> > to do that directly.
>
> Could you consider prepping an update?
> I know it is simple but I am a little swamped with real life these
> days. I'll be happy
> to sponsor.

  Thanks! I've pushed the update to the git repo, and it's ready for a
`dch -r`, tag, and upload. (I hope I did that all correctly -- if not,
let me know what I messed up!)

> > Packages that fail to build in unstable:
> >
> >   Missing deps in unstable: gitaly
>
> Please build reverse-build the 'experimental version' of gitaly
> (14.8.5+dfsg-1) with updated
> x-sys since a FTBFS in gitaly means gitlab would be directly
> affected.
> CC'ing Praveen to keep in him loop.

  Well, the experimental version of gitaly isn't any worse with the
updated version of golang-golang-x-sys.... it compiles fine, although
the test suite is pretty ugly. I looked up the buildd logs for gitaly
[1] and it seems that roughly the same tests are passing or failing in
the same ways.

Thanks,
Mathias

[1] -- https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=gitaly&suite=experimental