Re: Updating golang-golang-x-sys in unstable

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 06:27:24PM +0000, Mathias Gibbens wrote:
> then rebuilt each of the failed packages in a
> clean sbuild environment without the updated version of golang-golang-
> x-sys and found that 22 of those 25 still failed to build, due to
> various issues unrelated to updating golang-golang-x-sys (a brief
> listing of those failing packages is at the end of this message).

If they are already FTBFS regardless of any changes in x-sys, then you probably
should consider filing bug reports for these packages.

>   Since it looks like updating golang-golang-x-sys will not introduce
> any new FTBFS errors in packages in main, could someone upload an
> updated version?
> I'm currently only a DM, and while I could prepare the
> update, I would then have to request sponsorship. Updating the package
> itself is pretty easy, so it might just be simpler for a DD on the team
> to do that directly.

Could you consider prepping an update?
I know it is simple but I am a little swamped with real life these days. I'll be happy
to sponsor.

> Packages that fail to build in unstable:
>
>   Missing deps in unstable: gitaly

Please build reverse-build the 'experimental version' of gitaly (14.8.5+dfsg-1) with updated
x-sys since a FTBFS in gitaly means gitlab would be directly affected.
CC'ing Praveen to keep in him loop.

Regards,