Re: RFS: easygen version 5.1.9

Hi,

Replying to the signing key problem only (sorry)…

Tong Sun <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net> (2022-01-03):
> My GPG key expired a few days ago, and I understand it might take a
> while to get updated, even though I've already submitted the update to
> keyring.debian.org.

You're right about possible delays; if I remember correctly, there's
roughly one update per month on the keyring maintenance side.

> I did try to push to ftp-master myself, and got "Successfully uploaded
> packages." but I don't think it worked as it's been over 5 hours since
> then, and I haven't heard back anything.

Right, the logs have:

    20220104034821|process-upload|dak|easygen_5.1.9-1_source.changes|Error while loading changes file easygen_5.1.9-1_source.changes: No valid signature found. (GPG exited with status code 0)
    gpg: Signature made Mon Jan  3 21:54:39 2022 UTC
    gpg:                using RSA key A77985AD72B4CA08D8C5BF79885FDAB331FED834
    gpg:                issuer "suntong001@users.sourceforge.net"
    gpg: Good signature from "Tong Sun <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net>" [expired]
    gpg:                 aka "Tong Sun (vub) <suntong001@users.sourceforge.net>" [expired]
    gpg: WARNING: Using untrusted key!

and since the key isn't trusted, no notifications are sent (otherwise
that could be used to send spam).

Now is a good time to mark the next expiration date (minus say 2 months)
in your calendar! :)

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois -- Debian Consultant @ DEBAMAX -- https://debamax.com/