Re: Current state of packaging Caddy

Am 31.08.21 um 07:01 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On Tue, 31 Aug, 2021, 10:25 am Nilesh Patra, <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:

One last blocker is the build-dep on
golang-github-prometheus-client-golang-dev

I have contacted its maintainers but did not receive an answer since. I
wonder
would it be OK to do a backport of the required module (instead of an
upgrade)
as proposed here[2] and do a team upload to experimental?

Backporting patch should be OK, I tend to think. But maybe the maintainers
didn't see the bug report yet.
Can you CC the maintainers on that bug report once and prod them again?
If there's no response for a week or so, we'll upload to -experimental-
and inform the maintainers about the same.
Sounds fair?

Or, maybe it's cheaper if you update to the latest, and you run ratt once.
If nothing breaks, we could directly push to unstable too, to avoid the
trip from exp -> unstable.

If something does break, and it can be fixed without touching many
packages, that'd be a sensible route too, IMO

Updating to the latest requires updating two other dependencies along with it, so backporting would _probably_ cause lot less issues. However, I can check with ratt if the triplet of upgrades would even cause any regression, if not, that would probably be as good

Peymaneh