Re: Why the two built `.deb` files of `golang-github-docker-docker-credential-helpers` of the same version have different `Built-Using` values?

Thanks! My project also generates the `.buildinfo` files for the built packages but I didn't look into what they are about yet. So I'm guessing when I need to build the historical version of a package, I would need this snapshot package server to provide the historical versions of the packages that are listed in the `.buildinfo` file. Am I right? (Not sure if Ubuntu maintains such a snapshot server but I'll search for it.)

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM Shengjing Zhu <zhsj@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 10:42 PM Yaobin Wen
<yaobin.wen@minevisionsystems.com> wrote:

> Hi Shengjing,
>
> Thanks for your reply! One question I still have is: How would the Debian Go packaging team reproduce the build if you were also in my situation? For example, with `golang-1.10 (=1.10.4-2ubuntu1~18.04.1)` being not available on the Ubuntu official package server now, if the packaging team wants to reproduce the build of `golang-docker-credential-helpers 0.5.0-2`, how would you do it? Would you also encounter the same issue that I'm dealing with right now? Because I'm still new to the concept of reproducible build, I'm wondering whether I'm overlooking some steps that must be done in order to reproduce an earlier build.

We have 2 services:
1. buildinfo https://buildinfo.debian.net/
   You can learn what build-depends were used.
2. snapshot https://snapshot.debian.org/
   You can get all historical versions.

--
Shengjing Zhu