Re: About go-team infrastructure

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 04, 2021 at 12:18:28AM +0200, Aloïs Micard wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I've managed to merge the repositories from github.com/debian/dh-make-golang
> and salsa.debian.org/go-team/ci into the new
> salsa.debian.org/go-team/infra/pkg-go-tools.
>
> While doing so, I've dockerize the whole CI infrastructure in order
> to deploy it 'easier'. The images are available on our Gitlab Docker
> Registry [1], the deployment is done using Gitlab pipeline [2].
>
> I've provisioned a machine for the runner (the provisioning repo is
> available here [3] with some documentation). The machine is available
> at `debian-go-ci.debian.net` and is currently hosted at Hetzner.
>
> What I'm planning for tomorrow is to test a bit more the runner on
> some repositories and if everything's looks great, I'll need to bulk
> update the d/gitlab-ci.yml for each Go repositories.
> Fortunately, there's already an existing tool for that available here [4].
>
> If everyone is okay with that I plan to bulk update the d/gitlab-ci.yml
> configuration file by tomorrow evening. (the worst case scenario is a
> non working CI build like atm)

I haven't looked the code. But one thing might help is to follow salsa-ci practice,
which is to use the "include" feature in gitlab-ci.yml. So you don't need to bulk
update all repositories if you want to update the ci template.

salsa-ci example:

  ---
  include:
    - https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/raw/master/recipes/debian.yml

And another thing might help is to:

1. register the runner at group level, and add a tag on it.
2. use the tag one the job template.

Thus we don't need to enable runner on every project like the previous.

Thanks for working on this!