Re: a place for snowflake

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:39 PM meskio <meskio@sindominio.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm packaging snowflake[0], a WebRTC pluggable transport for Tor. Is a pure go
> application. Do it make sense to live under the go-team umbrella?
>
> I have already done a package[1] and I'm looking for a place to put it in salsa.
> Should we place it in the salsa go-team project?

It depends on you, there's no strict rule whether a package should or
not be in the team umbrella. If you want, you can request to join the
team via salsa web UI.
However if you are not DD, you'll be granted the developer role, which
means you can't create projects in salsa. So we have dh-make-golang[1]
which has a `create-salsa-project` subcommand. It can create projects
for you without any privilege permission.

[1] http://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dh-make-golang

--
Shengjing Zhu