Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hello,

> Everything seems OK but I have a problem while building the package
> because the test suite depends of a git submodule
> (https://github.com/editorconfig/editorconfig-core-test).
> | $ go test
> |
> | --- FAIL: TestViaCmake (0.00s)
> |     editorconfig_test.go:34: chdir core-test: no such file or directory
>
> How should I handle this?

I'm not really sure about this one, so someone else should confirm to you,
but I guess adding a Build-Depends on git, cmake, etc... whatever needed
to make the test-suite works, and then use `override_dh_auto_test` in debian/rules
to clone the editorconfig-core-test could (maybe?) do the trick.

Again, I'm not really sure whether it's a good idea / it's worth it or even if it
will wors, but I guess so.

> Also, can someone from salsa go-team give me
> push access to
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-mvdan-editorconfig.

If you still haven't access to the repository, you can come and ask on IRC
(channel #debian-golang). (as I'm not a team owner I cannot grant you access)

> Finally, there are 2 other dependencies:
> - "mvdan.cc/sh/v3/fileutil" (https://github.com/mvdan/sh/tree/master/fileutil)
> - "mvdan.cc/sh/v3/syntax"	(https://github.com/mvdan/sh/tree/master/syntax)
>
> Those are pointers to modules in the same git repository as shfmt and
> it's not clear to me if I should create 2 new packages
> (golang-mvdan-fileutil and golang-mvdan-syntax) or just one containing
> both, and what would be the debian/rules file like. I guess that using
> dh-make-goland for this specific scenario is not possible?

As you have guessed these two packages are provided by the same module,
therefore you'll need to use dh-make-golang to package github.com/mvdan/sh.
The resulting binary package golang-github-mvdan-sh-dev will provide both packages.

Cheers,

--
Aloïs Micard (creekorful) <alois@micard.lu>

GPG: DA4A A436 9BFA E299 67CD E85B F733 E871 0859 FCD2