Re: Correct import path of golang-github-oklog-ulid and some other packages

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 5:00 PM Vipul Kumar <kumar@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In debian/control file of "golang-github-oklog-ulid" package,
> "XS-Go-Import-Path"[1] field has "github.com/oklog/ulid" as its value.
> Shouldn't it be "github.com/oklog/ulid/v2"? Upstream[2] along with
> packages[3] which require ulid package as its dependency, uses
> "github.com/oklog/ulid/v2" as its import path.

Since we don't use Go module, this doesn't matter too much.
But AFAIK, those packages whose name has version number, have version
number in XS-Go-Import-Path as well.
For example: golang-github-urfave-cli-v2: github.com/urfave/cli/v2

> [1]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-oklog
> ulid/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/control#L14
> [2]: https://github.com/oklog/ulid#install
> [3]: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/labkit/blob/v1.10.0/go.mod#L15
>
> I noticed, similar thing with some other packages:
>
>    - golang-android-soong (android/soong)
>        No hostname present in import path.

This is correct, because upstream doesn't define it with hostname.
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/soong/+/refs/heads/master/go.mod#1

>    - json2file-go (https://salsa.debian.org/sto/json2file-go)
>        Import path contains protocol information (i.e. https://).

This is wrong.

>    - obfs4proxy (gitlab.com/yawning/obfs4.git)
>    - golang-goptlib (git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/goptlib.git)
>    - snowflake (git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/snowflake.git)
>        Import path contains ".git" suffix, but for all these three
> import paths, "go get" command is working. Is it common practice to use
> ".git" suffix in import path? Also, note that, all these three packages
> are maintained under "Privacy Tools" group.

Because upstream defines it with .git suffix.
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake/-/blob/main/go.mod#L1

--
Shengjing Zhu