Re: Help for packaging shfmt

On 10/13/21 12:45 PM, Faustin Lammler wrote:
Hi Aloïs!

Hi Faustin!

I can't find your response in my MUA (I made some cleaning in my mutt
archives, maybe too violent).

FYI, here is the message:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2021/03/msg00016.html

I am starting again the packaging process. In the mean time, I see that
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-pkg-diff was
maybe necessary to Anthony Fok and that some progress was made, cool! I
am not sure what the next step is though...

The package has been uploaded on the NEW [1] queue, you can view the package
details on the following page [2].

Since the package has been uploaded by Anthony, there's nothing we need to do
here. The FTP masters will review the package for copyright mistake, etc...
This can take from days to several week. Once the package has been accepted
it will enter the archive and land on unstable. And you will become a
sponsored maintainer [3]. :)

Note: you can view the details of all your packages / ITP on Debian using
your DDPO page, which is available here [4]. This page is really helpful
when you want to have a quick view over your packages.

About https://mvdan.cc/editorconfig, I am still stuck on the test during
the package generation:
I'm not really sure about this one, so someone else should confirm to
you, but I guess adding a Build-Depends on git, cmake, etc... whatever
needed to make the test-suite works, and then use
`override_dh_auto_test` in debian/rules to clone the
editorconfig-core-test could (maybe?) do the trick.

So, adding cmake as Build-Depends is not sufficient and I have no idea
how to clone the test repo during the build to make gbp happy. Can you
tell me how you would proceed with the debian/rules file.

Again, I'm not really sure whether it's a good idea / it's worth it or
even if it will wors, but I guess so.
So, maybe ignoring completely the test suite is the way to go, but then
again, the following does not work:

| export DH_GOLANG_EXCLUDES := editorconfig_test.go example_test.go cmd_test.go

How should I proceed?

Let's say we will disable the tests from the time being and check what we can do
later on.

If you want to disable the tests, you shouldn't use *DH_GOLANG_EXCLUDES*. This is
used only to exclude files from the build targets [5].

If you want to disable the tests completely (it does make sense here since all tests
depends on the git submodule) you should use *override_dh_auto_test* in d/rules and
do nothing with it. Your d/rules may look like this:

```
#!/usr/bin/make -f

%:
	dh $@ --builddirectory=_build --buildsystem=golang --with=golang

override_dh_auto_test:
	# Disable tests ATM since they require a Git submodule
```

I'll take a deeper look at the package this evening.

Thanks for your help.

--
Faustin

Thanks for your work!

Cheers,

[1]: https://ftp-master.debian.org/#new
[2]: https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/golang-github-pkg-diff_0.0~git20200914.5b29258-1.html
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/SponsoredMaintainer
[4]: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=faustin@fala.red
[5]: https://manpages.debian.org/testing/dh-golang/Debian::Debhelper::Buildsystem::golang.3pm.en.html#DH_GOLANG_EXCLUDES

--
Aloïs Micard <creekorful@debian.org>

GPG: DA4A A436 9BFA E299 67CD E85B F733 E871 0859 FCD2