Re: [RFS] golang-github-newrelic-go-agent

Am 16.07.21 um 01:01 schrieb Peymaneh Nejad:
Am 16.07.21 um 00:19 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On 7/16/21 3:02 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:
Am 15.07.21 um 22:21 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 01:45, Peymaneh Nejad <p.nejad@posteo.de> wrote:

This is package is needed for smallstep/certificates
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-newrelic-go-agent

Can you fix this?

$ origtargz
W: Unable to locate package golang-github-newrelic-go-agent
Trying uscan --download --download-current-version ...
uscan warn: In debian/watch no matching hrefs for version 3.13.0 in watch
line
    https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags .*/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz debian
Could not find any location for
golang-github-newrelic-go-agent_3.13.0.orig.tar.*

I also do not see a 3.13.0 at https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags
I get the same error, even though the tag does exists:
https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/releases/tag/v3.13.0

I think the problem is that uscan considers version tags for the integration modules that look like this:
"v3/integrations/nrgrpc/v1.3.0"
as release tags for the whole repo and does not search further for a v3.13.0

This is *likely* worth a bug report against uscan. The regex is not wrong AFAICS -- not sure what stops it.
Yes, this is in fact a bug with uscan. Apparently it does not go past the first page on https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags, which is full of the integrations-tags

If you're able to figure this out -- fair. If not, you could consider to start following the pristine-tar layout and generate tars from that (like it is done for several teams) This does not align with the go team policy though, but for not completely against it either.
I have changed the layout to pristine ta.
However, as the issue made me aware upstream released a new version (3.14.0) like ~4 days ago.
I assume you'd rather upload the most recent one; I will look into that next week

Peymaneh