Re: [RFS] golang-github-newrelic-go-agent

On 7/16/21 3:02 AM, Peymaneh Nejad wrote:

> Am 15.07.21 um 22:21 schrieb Nilesh Patra:
>> On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 01:45, Peymaneh Nejad <p.nejad@posteo.de> wrote:
>>

>>> This is package is needed for smallstep/certificates
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-newrelic-go-agent
>>

>> Can you fix this?
>>
>> $ origtargz
>> W: Unable to locate package golang-github-newrelic-go-agent
>> Trying uscan --download --download-current-version ...
>> uscan warn: In debian/watch no matching hrefs for version 3.13.0 in watch
>> line
>>    https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags .*/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz debian
>> Could not find any location for
>> golang-github-newrelic-go-agent_3.13.0.orig.tar.*
>>
>> I also do not see a 3.13.0 at https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags
> I get the same error, even though the tag does exists:
> https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/releases/tag/v3.13.0
>
> I think the problem is that uscan considers version tags for the integration modules that look like this:
> "v3/integrations/nrgrpc/v1.3.0"
> as release tags for the whole repo and does not search further for a v3.13.0

Probably not, as you might see it downloads the --current-version. I also tried manually giving it as a argument

$ uscan -dd --download-version 3.13.0
uscan warn: In debian/watch no matching hrefs for version 3.13.0 in watch line
  https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/tags .*/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz debian

On passing this explicitly it really *should* search for the version that I passed in, and not random release tags.
Same results with --download-version 3.12.0, 3.11.0 so on...

I am not sure if something is particularly wrong with uscan here because the latest seems to work

$ uscan -dd
uscan: Newest version of golang-github-newrelic-go-agent on remote site is 3.14.0, local version is 3.13.0
uscan:  => Newer package available from:
        => https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/archive/refs/tags/v3.14.0.tar.gz
Leaving ../golang-github-newrelic-go-agent_3.14.0.orig.tar.gz where it is.

It downloads it from "https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/archive/refs/tags/v3.14.0.tar.gz"; which it is able to hit, and ideally it should hit the same
tarball for past version at "https://github.com/newrelic/go-agent/archive/refs/tags/v3.13.0.tar.gz";

This is *likely* worth a bug report against uscan. The regex is not wrong AFAICS -- not sure what stops it.

If you're able to figure this out -- fair. If not, you could consider to start following the pristine-tar layout and generate tars from that (like it is done for several teams)
This does not align with the go team policy though, but for not completely against it either.