guidance on working on GO packages for Debian

----- Forwarded message from infinite-succor@mail.sheugh.com -----

Recent events encouraged me to do some work on the
Debian-GO packages and I decided to have a go at
packaging some code and see what questions appear.

If there is guidance somewhere that I missed, and
it covers my queries, please point me towards it.

I seem to have managed to package a couple of the
needed links for GO-IPFS but getting the packages
uploaded has proved problematic.

Most of my guidance was found here:
https://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2015/07/27/dh-make-golang.html

My most recent attempt is on
Go-ipfs/go-os-helper/golang-github-kubuxu-go-os-helper

And using this
$ dh-make-golang github.com/Kubuxu/go-os-helper
I'm wondering what this process does by way of setting up
a git repositry. Almost immediately I see this:
>From https://github.com/Kubuxu/go-os-helper
 * [new branch]      master     -> github/master
 * [new tag]         v0.0.1     -> v0.0.1

Does this seem right? Or do I have to do? : git init

I think I've a good enough understanding of Debian's
packaging process (or know where to look) hence the
package looks like it is ok.

This line in your guidance does not appear when dh-make-golang
runs:

git remote set-url origin git@salsa.debian.org:go-team/packages/golang-github-jacobsa-ratelimit.git

and that caused me some headaches. I seem to have set up the
project at :
https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-kubuxu-go-os-helper

which leaves only "gbp push" to finish the work.

The message I'm getting is :
/quote
gbp:info: Pushing upstream/0.0.1 to origin
The authenticity of host 'salsa.debian.org (209.87.16.44)' can't be established.
ED25519 key fingerprint is SHA256:OAD3pGSwcODIthxF+zIRvPTZ8UCJAYI75E42XDfGr84.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])? yes
gbp:error: Error running git push: Warning: Permanently added 'salsa.debian.org,209.87.16.44' (ED25519) to the list of known hosts.
git@salsa.debian.org: Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.
gbp:info: Pushing refs/heads/upstream to origin:refs/heads/upstream
gbp:error: Error running git push: git@salsa.debian.org: Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.
gbp:error: Failed to push
/unquote

There may be a couple of reasons why this has happened, I'm
logged in remotely to my machine for example, so any hints
would be most welcome

regards

richard
infinite-succor@mail.sheugh.com