Re: Basics of packaging with the new workflow

On Sunday, 1 March 2020 5:46:59 AM AEDT Tong Sun wrote:
> I'm a completely newbie when it comes to Debian or Debian-Go
> packaging, so would you elaborate on this a bit Dmitry, so that newbie
> like me can understand the difficulties. I.e., if I'm taking the
> DEP-14 and GBP repository route, what kind of road blocks I would
> meet, e.g., what were the instances you found that it is not
> sufficient?

Thanks for asking this question. I've spent several days writing the summary
about those things and eventually ran out out time and energy to edit it
further. Please have a look at the following drafty draft drafts -- I hope at
least some of it will make sense:

  * https://salsa.debian.org/onlyjob/notes/-/wikis/no-dep14
  * https://salsa.debian.org/onlyjob/notes/-/wikis/no-gbp
  * https://salsa.debian.org/onlyjob/notes/-/wikis/bp

Perhaps I should be courageous enough to post it to debian-devel and let
people eat me alive for challenging the most proliferated layout of git
repositories for Debian packaging. ;)

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
        -- Friedrich Nietzsche