Re: upgrading golang-google-api-dev: how much caution is needed?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 2:15 PM Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:

> The latest version of rclone requires golang-google-api-dev 0.28 [1].
> Current version is 0.21.
>
> How sensitive is the go ecosystem to golang-google-api-dev version?
>
> Should we take care to be careful, and upgrade in experimental first?
>
> Or just push google-api 0.28 straight into unstable?

Typically I think there's no need to go through the experiment first.
Because the existing packages won't break, as all are static linked.
But people will file ftbfs bugs if things got broken.

So basically we need to rebuild the reverse depends before uploading.
Most people will use ratt(1).

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ratt
https://manpages.debian.org/buster/ratt/ratt.1.en.html

--