Re: Sponsor required to upload a new package: pup

I'd love to help, but I'm stuck at this step:

siretart@x1:/srv/scratch/packages/go-team-sponsorship/pup$ dgit --gbp sbuild --run-lintian --run-piuparts
Format `3.0 (quilt)', need to check/update patch stack
gzip: warning: GZIP environment variable is deprecated; use an alias or script
dgit: split brain (separate dgit view) may be needed (--quilt=gbp).
examining quilt state (multiple patches, gbp mode)
dpkg-source: error: missing orig.tar or debian.tar file in v2.0 source package
dgit: failed command: sh -ec 'exec dpkg-source --no-check --skip-patches -x fake.dsc >/dev/null'

dgit: error: subprocess failed with error exit status 255
siretart@x1:/srv/scratch/packages/go-team-sponsorship/pup$ origtargz
W: Unable to locate package pup
Trying uscan --download --download-current-version ...
uscan warn: In debian/watch no matching hrefs for version 0.4.0+git20190919.681d7bb in watch line
  https://github.com/ericchiang/pup/tags .*/v?(\d\S*)\.tar\.gz debian
Could not find any location for pup_0.4.0+git20190919.681d7bb.orig.tar.*

How to get the original tarball?

Another couple of minor things:
All the best,
-rt