Re: Initial push to salsa-project failed

FWIW, I think it’d be good if you could file a bug report against git-buildpackage. The error message is pretty hard to decipher, so maybe a better one could be added when this situation is detected. Or perhaps this is a legitimate bug, and pushing should work even though an UNRELEASED changelog entry is present.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 4:48 PM Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> wrote:
Glad to hear it worked out!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:27 PM Tong Sun <suntong001@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:16 AM Michael Stapelberg wrote:
>> So basically, following the steps you listed, everything went through
>> without any problem.
>> However, when I switch back to my old git, I get the original error again:
. . .
>> Here are all the files that I've changed, and the only one has
>> "git20151108" in it:
>>
>> $ grep git20151108 debian/changelog debian/compat debian/control
>> debian/copyright debian/docs debian/gbp.conf debian/gitlab-ci.yml
>> debian/rules debian/source/format debian/watch
>> debian/changelog:golang-github-danverbraganza-varcaser
>> (0.0~git20151108.ce61ec4-1) sid; urgency=medium
>>
>> Comparing to the good one:
>>
>> golang-github-danverbraganza-varcaser (0.0~git20151108.ce61ec4-1)
>> UNRELEASED; urgency=medium
>
> Is the “UNRELEASED” distribution in the changelog entry the culprit maybe?

Ha! I thought "it couldn't be", but it IS.

Changing the changelog and the gbp push --dry-run went through.

Well, it is good to learn something new every day.

Thank you so much for all your help, Michael!

--
Best regards,
Michael

--