Re: Propose requiring Python 3.4 or later for building glibc.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 7:15 AM Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> wrote:
> Daniel Schepler is working on a native bootstrap approach. As far as I
> understand, he natively bootstraps Debian from non-Debian (same
> processor architecure and kernel). I expect that his work will be
> impacted by the proposed change. I've added him to Cc to let him speak
> up.

That shouldn't be an issue - already, Python 3 tends to come
significantly earlier than the rebuild of glibc in the process.

(On the other hand, I don't see anybody from Linux From Scratch on the
distribution list - and I'd expect they would have to add Python 3 to
the host system dependencies, and also add it to the initial bootstrap
system.)
--
Daniel Schepler