Re: Handling s390 libc ABI change in Debian

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> It's a huge work for Debian, maybe not for other distribution, as it
> basically means we have to rebootstrap everything. This includes manual
> bootstrapping of self-dependent languages (haskell, gnat, ...) and
> manual handling of some dependencies loop. In addition it's something
> which hasn't been done since the libc5 transition, so we might discover
> some unexpected issues.

Helmut Grohne and others have been working on automated rebootstrap of
the Debian archive. The rebootstrap_s390x_gcc49_nobiarch jenkins job
seems to be in good shape currently. That is by no means a full
archive bootstrap, which requires more things.

https://wiki.debian.org/HelmutGrohne/rebootstrap
https://jenkins.debian.net/view/rebootstrap/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianBootstrap
https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2014/BootstrapSprint