Re: glibc testsuite improvement

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 02:28:50PM +0200, Tomas Dohnalek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started to work on automation of comparing outputs from glibc
> testsuite, because of pointless manual work when new version arrives and
> we want to do as much as possible in upstream. In the beginning of the
> improvement process, we want to add simple one-line PASS/FAIL output for
> each test and also apart from usual `make check` add `make installcheck`
> rule for testing system binaries.
>
> I guess, that you are having the same difficulties so I want to ask, how
> do you deal with current state? Have you made any internal tool for
> comparing results or are you doing it manually?

My glibc tests check automation consists of filtering "make -k check" output
comparing it with a reference file for the given architecture.  Any
difference between the filtered output and the reference file is an error
that requires manual handling.  In other words, it's a regression testing
adopted for real life were some tests are known to fail in some environments.

--
ldv