Re: RFC: Patch for building x32 libc packages from glibc git master

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 10:09:13AM -0700, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> I've been going through the process of bootstrapping Debian for x32.  For
> glibc, I'm using a snapshot from sourceware.org/git/glibc.git, master branch,
> and then the Debian packaging from eglibc 2.13-33.  Except that I removed most
> of debian/patches, except for:
>   all/local-remove-manual.diff (regenerated from git manual/Makefile)
>   any/local-rtld.diff
>   localedata/locale-C.diff
> and then made the attached changes.
>
> Any comments on these changes?  I'd upload the complete source package to
> people.debian.org, but I can't seem to reach it at the moment.

Your changes are quite invasive and remove plenty of needed patches or
code. It's fine if your goal is only to get an x32 package, but in that case
please make it clear in the version number.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73