Re: dirname() trailing slash Segfault bug

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Vincent Danjean wrote:

Mirsad Todorovac wrote:
Carlos,

I have verified your claim. On x86 system
ii  libc6              2.3.6.ds1-13etch5                    GNU C Library

the result is truly so.

I have, however, verified the bug both on Debian x86_64 system and on
CentOS 4 x64. It seems that the bug is tied to x86_64 platforms.

mtodorov@magrf:~/grc/grc-0.02.00$ dpkg -l | grep libc6
ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone
ii  libc6-dev      2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Development Libraries
and Hea

Since iz appears both on Debian and CentOS (libc ver 2.3.4), it seems
that the bug is glibc-related.

I should maybe also try to download latest version and compile it
against x86_64 platform and see how it behaves.

Alas, I have terrible misfortune: I have failed to register to bugzilla
with three different mail addresses.

??? Debian bug reports are field by mail (or more easily with the program
'reportbug' from the package with the same name)

I will retry this, and if it fails would you be so kind to file the bug
and send me a Cc:?

Before doing this, try to compile your code with -Wall
Then, fix the warnings
And retry (the bug should vanish)

[hint: on x86_64, char* and int does not have the same size...]

Mea culpa, as it seems.

-Wall revealed that I haven't included the prototype. Including libgen.h remedied the situation.

I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Regards,
Mirsad