Re: dirname() trailing slash Segfault bug

Mirsad Todorovac wrote:
> Carlos,
>
> I have verified your claim. On x86 system
> ii  libc6              2.3.6.ds1-13etch5                    GNU C Library
>
> the result is truly so.
>
> I have, however, verified the bug both on Debian x86_64 system and on
> CentOS 4 x64. It seems that the bug is tied to x86_64 platforms.
>
> mtodorov@magrf:~/grc/grc-0.02.00$ dpkg -l | grep libc6
> ii  libc6          2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
> Timezone
> ii  libc6-dev      2.3.2.ds1-22sa GNU C Library: Development Libraries
> and Hea
>
> Since iz appears both on Debian and CentOS (libc ver 2.3.4), it seems
> that the bug is glibc-related.
>
> I should maybe also try to download latest version and compile it
> against x86_64 platform and see how it behaves.
>
> Alas, I have terrible misfortune: I have failed to register to bugzilla
> with three different mail addresses.

??? Debian bug reports are field by mail (or more easily with the program
'reportbug' from the package with the same name)

> I will retry this, and if it fails would you be so kind to file the bug
> and send me a Cc:?

Before doing this, try to compile your code with -Wall
Then, fix the warnings
And retry (the bug should vanish)

[hint: on x86_64, char* and int does not have the same size...]

  Regards,
    Vincent