Re: pgettext() availability in Debian?

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 03:44:43PM +0000, Adam Spragg wrote:
> Dear Debian glibc maintainers,
>
> I am currently trying to i14e[0] a bit of software that I'm writing on
> Debian GNU/Linux, and have been reading up on gettext and its
> associated applications and libraries.
>
> I have figured out that I need use contexts to distinguish between some
> short strings in my application.
>
> To this end, I've created a sample .pot file and translated .po files
> with the requisite msgid, msgstr and msgctxt lines. However, in order
> to use the strings at runtime, I need to be able to call
> [d[c]]pgettext(), as described in the gettext manual[1].

  those come in gettext.h (that is explained in the manual that you
quote), which is in /usr/share/gettext/gettext.h. Though you should
_not_ use that file directly, but run gettexttize on your project to
install all the gettext stuff, including gettext.h.

  This isn't a glibc issue at all.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit