IP addresses sorted in reverse order

Hello,

I've set up my DNS servers to sort IP addresses according to our network
topology. for example, lookup for irc.sk should always return this order:

uhlar@fantomas% host irc.sk
irc.sk has address 195.168.2.141
irc.sk has address 147.232.40.23

this is OK, even when I repeat the lookup a few times.
However, seems that some programs try addresses nio reverse order, and I'm
afraid it's glibc's fault:

uhlar@fantomas% getent hosts irc.sk
147.232.40.23   irc.sk
195.168.2.141   irc.sk

(the same after many repeats).

The result is, that my clients (telnet-ssl, inetutils-telnet, ircii) are
trying to connect the wrong server as first...

Searching mailinglists, bug databases did not give me correct answer.
Does glibc sorty/reorder IP addresses gotten from DNS?
Is this fixed in any newer versions of glibc?

Thank you.
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.