Re: Please do no make libc6-i386 depend on ia32-libs

Hello,

On 06-Feb-27 11:47, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 09:00:36AM +0100, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> The solution is probably to move both the symlink and the code of the
> preinst/postinst ia32-libs scripts into the glibc, but I don't really
> like that, especially for the ld.so.conf part.

I think that the whole ia32-libs ld.so.conf handling can be be dropped
as soon as the libc6(-dev)-i386 packages are used instead of the libc6
packages from the i386 port. The dynamic linker will automatically
search the slibdir and libdir paths for libraries. There is no need to
explicitly add those paths to ld.so.conf. The linker from the i386 port
has slibdir=/lib and libdir=/usr/lib, which is wrong on amd64, but the
linker from the libc6-i386 package will automatically know the correct
paths.

Regards
Andreas Jochens