Re: Use gcc 4.0 to build glibc on all architectures

Michael Banck a écrit :
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 12:00:36AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

A few Debian architectures, are still using and old gcc to build the glibc. I think we should try to move slowly to gcc 4.0, as other
versions (mainly gcc-3.4), won't be supported as gcc 4.0 will be. Also
I have hurd they've been some discussions about shipping etch without
gcc-3.4.

- hurd-i386 is using gcc 3.3. I will contact the hurd porters the same
 way as for m68k.

glibc-2.3.6 supports gcc-4.0 on GNU/Hurd upstream.  There have been some
binutils issues involving z_relro nobody was able to track down yet,
however.

The attached patch makes glibc build fine on hurd-i386.

Thanks, patch applied.

Aurelien