Use gcc 4.0 to build glibc on all architectures

Hi all,

A few Debian architectures, are still using and old gcc to build the
glibc. I think we should try to move slowly to gcc 4.0, as other
versions (mainly gcc-3.4), won't be supported as gcc 4.0 will be. Also
I have hurd they've been some discussions about shipping etch without
gcc-3.4.

Here is the current status:

- amd64, arm, alpha, i386, ia64, s390, mips, mipsel and sparc are
  already using gcc 4.0.

- powerpc is using gcc 3.4, with a few workaround to some bugs
  (nptl/ppc64 built with -g2).
  I have tried to build a glibc (2.3.6) with gcc 4.0, and I am using it
  for a week now. I haven't found any problem, but I am not able to test
  the ppc64 version (I only have a 32-bit machine).
  Goto, it's seems you decided to switch to gcc-3.4 for powerpc in
  version 2.3.5-2. Did you remember why?

- hppa is using gcc 3.4 because of bugs #326581 and #333766.
  I have tried to build a glibc with gcc 4.0, and found that bug#333766
  is now fixed. As for bug#326581, it is still present, I will try to
  fix the problem.

- m68k is using gcc 3.4. As I don't have such a machine, I will try to
  contact the glibc porters to get more information.

- hurd-i386 is using gcc 3.3. I will contact the hurd porters the same
  way as for m68k.

Bye,
Aurelien