glibc 2.3.6 problem after upgrade

Hello Glibc maintainters,

I am sorry to bother you, but may be you will be able to help me.

I am running debian unstable and recently libc 2.3.6-4 was upgraded
to 2.3.6-9.

After that, some programs which I have (matlab, in particular) stopped
working. Actually, it is matlab license manager which stopped working.

This is the error which is generated:

 version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
reference

The problem appears to be similar to the one described in:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-443051.html

For several years ( do not remember how long) now , I was running
the manager with  LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 to avoid this problem.
Now, for some reason it does not help any more.

Could you tell what might be the problem, what can be done to
fix it.

Thank you very much for your kind help and understanding.

With best wishes,

Lazar