Re: glibc 2.3.6-5

Le lundi 03 avril 2006 à 15:57 +0200, Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
We now have an RC bug on the glibc (#360574), it can't be built from
source anymore.

I think we have to upload glibc 2.3.6-5 soon, however, it has to pass
thru the NEW area as there is one more binary for the timezone.

How long is NEW processing these days?  If it's more than a week or two, I'd be inclined to do a quick -5 with just the FTBFS fix.  It's a slow arch that's showing the problem first, so I don't think it's a big problem to do it.

Also does anybody else have patch to merge before the upload? Jeff, do
you want to do the patch renaming for this upload? Do you need some help?

I don't know quilt at all, so I'd certainly love some help on that side.  Aside from that,  I'd like to get the patch rename done as soon as possible so that we don't suddenly start running up against etch freezes.

tks,
Jeff Bailey

Although when you're in the situation that RMS is telling you that
you're being too ideological about freedom, maybe, just maybe, it's
true.
- Matthew Wilcox